, County Kerry, Republic of Ireland, Tel: +353 64 6683103.
- This 90 acre pennisula garden with dramatic views of the Caha Mountains was begun in the 1870s to take advantage of the abundant rainfall and
rare frosts. The garden is renowed for its tree ferns, azaleas and rhododendrons, some as high as 60 feet. The garden continues
to be developed and 2 new ponds have been recently created.
, County Kerry, Republic of Ireland, Tel: +353 (0)66 9475113.
Dhu Varren Garden
- Home of Irish statesman Daniel O'Connell and now the
120 hectare Derrynane National Historic Park, the scenic grounds of the museum feature plantations and garden walks laid out in the 18th and 19th Centuries.
, County Kerry, Republic of Ireland, Tel: +353 66 9767770.
Garden of Europe
- This wonderfully complete 2-1/2 acre garden includes
2 large landscaped glasshouses with subtropical and arid plant displays
(and butterflies), landscaped palm and succulent gardens with rock
features, subtropical beds, alpines, fernery, water gardens, a herb
garden, a yucca avenue, an arboretum, and a Japanese garden with a koi
pond, bridge and tea house.
, County Kerry, Republic of Ireland, Tel: +353 (0)68 50900.
Garden of the Senses
- Containing over 3,000 trees and shrubs, this unqiue
garden is divided into 12 sections representing the 12 members of The European Union.
The garden features a monument to victims of the Holocaust and to all victims of injustice and oppression.
, County Kerry, Republic Of Ireland.
- This garden was designed to appeal to the five senses
through a metaphorical use of ancient Irish history.
: Glanleam Estate, Valentia Island
, County Kerry, Republic of Ireland, Tel. +353 (0)66 9476176.
Kells Bay Gardens
- Glanleam showcases 40 acres of stunning subtropical gardens around Glanleam House.
Designed in a Robinsonian style mixing native plants with tender exotics
which thrive in the mild island climate, this is an enchanted garden, a
subtropical paradise, a rain forest and a jungle all at the same time.
: Kells House,
, County Kerry, Republic of Ireland.
Knockreer House And Gardens
- Situated in a valley, this 40 acre Victorian garden showcases native flora and a variety of
mostly Southern Hemisphere exotic plant species. Gardens include the Primaeval Forest, Ladies Walled Garden, Palm and Succulent Garden and Bamboo Glade.
Renovation of the gardens continues.
: Killarney National Park
, County Kerry, Republic of Ireland, Tel:+353 64 6631633.
Gardens and Traditional Farms
- The present house was built in the 1950's Knockreer House
and contains a park information office and exhibitions. The gardens have
views across the lake to the mountains.
: Killarney National Park, Killarney, County Kerry, Republic of Ireland, Tel: +353 (0)64 6670144.
- The grounds of the magnificent Muckross House include Muckross Gardens adorned with
rhododendrons and azaleas and featuring a Sunken Garden, a Rock Garden, a Stream Garden,
a Victorian Walled Garden and restored Edwardian glasshouses. The Arboretum
displays many trees from the Southern Hemisphere in its mild climate and
sheltered location and traditional farms illustrate rural Irish life in
the 1930's and 1940's.